Zen Freediving is proud to be offering a Masterclass in Singapore from April 6-9 with the amazing Alexey Molchanov, fresh off his WORLD RECORD constant weight dive to a mind boggling 129m. This is your chance to learn from and talk to the best in the world!
The class will run on the evenings of April 6 and 7th and mornings of April 8th and 9th. The subject matter will include: monofin technique, no fins technique, mental preparation, strength/stretching, training periodization, and depth techniques.
- The cost of the Masterclass will be $800 SGD for those who register and provide a deposit by February 28th. We will have a limited number of spots, so if you are interested, please register soon!
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions you have.
Are you curious to try freediving but not sure it is for you? Then this course is for you!
- This four hour pool course will introduce you to the beauty of breath hold diving and cover some basic techniques. The pool session will have a classroom session followed by 3 hours in the pool introducing breath holds, finning technique, dynamic apnea and equalization.
- The cost is $120 and includes the use of equipment and a free 1.5 hour pool training session (regular price of $30).* If you enjoy the course and want to take your understanding and appreciation of freediving further, sign up for one of our full freediving courses and receive a $40 credit towards the course.*
* The pool training session and credit must be used within 30 days from the Discover Freediving course date
INTRODUCTION TO FREEDIVING (AIDA 1)
- This course provides an excellent basic introduction to freediving. It consists of a theory session, a pool session and an open water session.
- You will learn some of the key physiology and breathing techniques to prepare for a breathhold dive. You will learn and work on finning and duck diving and also cover the principles of freediving safety.
- The course will be conducted over 1 full day or 2 half days. On the successful completion of the course, you will receive an AIDA 1 certification.
- The cost is $460 per person for a group lesson, $810 for individual lessons. This includes the cost of transportation to and from Lazarus Island where we conduct the open water session as well as the rental of equipment (mask, snorkel and fins).
FUNDAMENTALS OF FREEDIVING (AIDA 2 or Apnea International Stage A)
- Probably the most rewarding and challenging course which covers the core fundamentals of freediving.
- A great starting point for people who are already very comfortable in the water. For example, you may want to consider this course if you are an experienced snorkeler, scuba diver or swimmer.
- You will learn the physiology behind freediving in greater depth. You will also be introduced to the various disciplines of competitive freediving with the aim of honing your technique and relaxation. It will also cover freediving safety and rescue procedures.
- The course will begin with a theory session covering the physiology, equipment, disciplines and safety of freediving along with depth and pressure. From there we will move to a pool session where we will be conducting static and dynamic disciplines.
- The second day of the course we will travelling to Lazarus Island to have an open water session, where we will be practicing depth and equalization. On the successful completion of the course, you will receive your certification.
- AIDA 1 or equivalent courses are not a prerequisite if you are very comfortable in the water.
- The cost is $580 per person for group lesson, $1080 for individual lessons. This includes the cost of transportation to and from Lazarus Island where we conduct the open water session, rental of equipment (mask, snorkel and fins), as well as one two-hour pool training session (to be used within one month of completing the course).
NB: Apnea International and AIDA courses differ slightly in content and mode of teaching (for example, e-learning is available for AI, rescue techniques taught are slightly different but the fundamental concepts of freediving remain the same.
INTERMEDIATE FREEDIVING (AIDA 3)
- This course is for those who are interested in improving their freediving techniques to go deeper and stay longer underwater.
- You will cover more advanced theories of freediving to help you understand the physiology and techniques behind diving deeper. You will also cover training concepts, planning a dive session, safety and rescue, the physics of freediving, equalisation techniques, and how to prevent injury while freediving.
- On the successful completion of the course, you will receive an AIDA 3 certification.
- AIDA 2 (or other course equivalent) is prerequisite for this course.
- Please contact us if you are interested in this course for details and cost.
BREATHING FOR SURFING WORKSHOP
Is the fear of getting held down in a wipe-out stopping you from taking on bigger waves? In this course, instructors who are experienced surfers themselves teach you how to improve your breath hold and recover quickly in between consecutive oncoming waves, increasing your confidence to surf bigger and better. The course runs over one day, with theory and pool practical sessions. The topics covered include:
- Physiology of the breathhold in relaxed and stressed states
- Techniques to improve your breath in a controlled environment and in uncomfortable situations
- Learning to relax for optimum performance
- Mental management - preventing over-stressing
- Recovery breathing - how to recover efficiently between waves
- Further training to increase your breath hold and aquaticity
The cost is $250, including all equipment hire and some light snacks.
Fast, fluid and efficient is how most people would describe freediving with a monofin. This 1 day, individualised workshop will help you to understand the movement mechanics of the dolphin kick and how to apply that to your stroke in order to get the most distance out of your monofin. Training exercises to further increase your distances will also be discussed. There will be 1 theory, 1 dry training and 1 pool session, followed by a video analysis session. At the end of the workshop, you will receive videos of your technique and suggestions for improvement. The cost is $200 per person for a group lesson. The following topics will be covered:
- Origins of the use of the monofin in freediving
- Comparison of bifins and monofin
- Types of monofins available and how to choose the right one
- Dry training exercises to condition the body for an efficient dolphin kick
- Training drills to develop an efficient kick
- Finning technique
- Difference between technique in pool and open water
EQUALIZATION WORKSHOP: THE FRENZEL MANEUVER
Learning the Frenzel Maneuver is one of the most critical skills for freediving equalization. It is also typically the biggest limiting factor for freedivers new to the sport. This 1 day workshop will cover the physiology and physics of equalization, stretches and exercises and introduce the Frenzel maneuver step-by-step. There will be 1 classroom session and 1 open water session. The cost is $150 per person for a group lesson which includes transportation costs to and from St. John Island where we conduct the open water session.The following topics will be covered:
- Why we equalize
- The Frenzel maneuver step-by-step
- Stretching exercises
- Problem solving and useful tools to improve equalizing